People who travel on chartered private jets are usually businessmen or celebrities. Despite the high cost of private jets compared to a commercial flight, traveling privately has many benefits for these people. As the time of these people is very precious, they can save a lot of travelling time by using private jets. At the same time, they can get other benefits that can make private jets a worthwhile investment.
Private jets are very safe. Most privately used jets are heavy jets which are bigger than the normal jets. One kind of jet that is being hired regularly is the Gulfstream III.
What is the Gulfstream III?
Aside from being a heavy jet available for chartering, this is a world-class business aircraft. The third generation Gulfstream III is the result of an update on the already impressive Gulfstream II. The changes included are: a revision of the wing with greater span and area and addition of a bigger tank for more fuel capacity and a longer range.
The first Gulfstream III flight was on December 2, 1979. Production deliveries of this model of Gulfstream began in late 1980 and lasted until 1986. The production was stopped to give way to the fourth generation Gulfstream – the Gulfstream IV.
Producer of the Gulfstream III
Gulfstream III business jet is produced by Gulfstream Aerospace in Savannah, Georgia, USA. The design of this jet starting with the second generation was aimed to synthesize a new wing that is patterned after the NASA airfoil sections.
Technical description of the Gulfstream III
The engines of the Gulfstream III are by Rolls Royce. It has the following specifications:
- The Fuselage dimensions of this jet are: length of 83.10, height of 24.30 and wing span of 77.80.
- The typical number of passengers that can be accommodated in this jet is 12, but it has the power to accommodate up to 19 passengers.
- The interior cabin volume is 1,345 cubic feet and the baggage volume is 157 cubic feet.
- The fuel capacity is 28,090 pounds or 4,191 gallons.
- It has a range of 4,100 nautical miles.
- The cruising speed is 550 miles per hour.
- It has a fully enclosed lavatory.
The Gulfstream III ensures a great flight with comfort and convenience. There is no other way for a businessman to travel to reach his destination faster and safer except with a private jet like Gulfstream III.